B & B Facilities
- Number of bedrooms: 14
- Hunters Lodge is assessed and graded by the AA who have awarded us a 4 Star guest accommodation grading.
- 1 ground level double bedded ensuite room, all other rooms are on the first floor
- All rooms are ensuite with toilet/washbasin/shower
- All rooms are equipped with flat screen LCD (digital) televisions
- Complimentary toiletries and towels provided
- All rooms have beautiful Sanderson quality bed linen with professionally laundered white cotten sheets
- Tea/Coffee making facilities and refreshment tray
- Free Wi-Fi internet access
- Free dedicated broadband internet connection with own PC, desk, printer and scanner situated in lounge area
- Central heating
- Iron & Ironing Board available on request
- Direct-dial telephone from bedroom
- Licensed residents bar
- No smoking bedrooms
- No smoking dining-room
- No smoking Lounge & Bar area (see our non-smoking policy on our reservations page)
- Free off road on site ample car parking provided. Height restriction for high sided vehicles at the rear carpark.
- Garage available for cyclists and motorcycles.
- Family bedroom available; consisting of a double bedded ensuite room within which there is an adjoining single bedded room; (Please contact Jim or Josie for further details)
- Should you require a taxi to the Hunters Lodge from Southampton Central Station or Southampton Airport, we use several reliable companies and can give you their contact details. They do have vehicles suitable for wheelchairs if required.
Our traditional English breakfast is freshly cooked to order (no ingredient is pre-cooked) consisting of Bacon, Egg, Sausage, Tomato and Mushrooms with Eggs either being Fried, Scrambled or Poached and is served in the Dining Room from 07:00 to 08:30 Monday to Friday and from 07:30 to 09:00 on Saturday and Sunday (and Bank Holidays).
Tea, coffee, juices, assorted cereals, fruits, yoghurts and toast are also provided and a cooked vegetarian option consisting of Egg, Tomato and Mushrooms is additionally catered for.
Should you have any additional special dietary needs then please bring them to our attention beforehand and we will always endeavour to try and accommodate them.
Licensed Residents Bar
Hunters Lodge is one of few in the area that has a licensed residents bar where guests can relax have a drink, watch TV or just read a book in the bar and lounge area. There are also compendiums of games for guests use and a small library of books for guests to enjoy.
The lounge is open all day for guests use and the bar is available every evening from 5pm until 10pm.
Should you have a disability or special need which may make access a difficulty for you then please bring this to our attention and we will make every effort to ensure that your stay here is comfortable and problem free. This is most important to advise us of this so that in any emergency situation we can provide assistance especially in case of an evacuation.
However being a Victorian building access is via two entrance doorways (84cm & 86cm wide) and 1 step (15cm high). We only have 1 ground floor double bedded room (doorway 78cm wide), all other rooms are on the first floor and we do not have an elevator, apologies. The bar/lounge area and dining room also on the ground floor (doorways 78cm & 70cm wide). The driveway, front and rear carparks are block paved and level.
Hunters Lodge also has one of the larger off road car parks in the locality with 4 off road bays at the front 6 off road bays at the rear together with 4 garages for the guests use when available. Motorcyclists and bicyclists may also securely store their cycles there at no extra cost.
We are unable to reserve or guarantee car parking spaces as it is on a first come first serve basis but will always make every effort to accommodate guests vehicles. However in exceptional circumstances, should an off road car parking space be unavailable then car parking is allowed in Landguard Road overnight from 6pm to 8am.
To access the rear carpark there is however a height restriction for high sided vehicles which mainly applies to commercial vehicles. However please note that any vehicles that are left here are at the owners risk and Hunters Lodge does not take any responsibility for any loss or damage.
For those guests, whilst away on a cruise, we do additionally offer a limited number of long stay carparking places at Hunters Lodge for which we charge GBP6.00 per day. Please see our cruise info page for further details.